Monday, March 28, 2011

Best Friends come in small packages


It is currently March 28. Today is an extremely important day. 20 years ago God gave my parents an angel in the form of my baby sister Mary.
Mary Elizabeth Holderbaum was born on March 28, 1991. It was a few days before Easter and a few hours before my grandma's birthday. She was the largest baby out of the three of us kids. Which if you see her now is ironic and hilarious.
My sister has been my best friend from a very young age. With us being 4 years apart I was the one she looked up to. Even as a kid I, was the one learning from my sister. She has taught me so much I am just blessed to know her.
For those of you that know her, you would agree she is an amazing woman. For those of you who don't, let me tell you she has a huge heart and a wonderful personality. She brightens up a room with her smile. Anything is possible in her world. She has the most contagious laugh I've heard in my life.
After most of our lives being right across the hall from each other my sister moved about 2 hours away. In July 2009 my sister got married and intern left home. It's very different not having her here even 2 years later. I miss her everyday. It's more difficult around birthdays and holidays.
Yesterday most of my family gathered for a birthday party for her and my grandma. I was unable to be there. That was very hard. Every part of me wanted to be there. I had to make a decision and it just wouldn't work, me going. I won't see her now for a month. That is very hard and emotional.
Now as far as sister's go, I'd have to say mine is the greatest in the world. My life would not be the same with out her. She has made me a better person. My Small Person (my nickname for her) has come through many struggles and still has an amazing outlook on life.
If I had half the optimism she does life would be a breeze. I guess that's the perfect example of how different God made us. She does inspire me to see the good in life.
This post isn't just about my feelings for my awesome Small Person. God brought her into this world for His glory. She is such a great testimony and a blessing. God has great things in store for her, that I'm sure. I pray that God uses her everyday. That she can be an example and help those around her.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment