Monday, January 17, 2011

realization

Have you ever just sat down and read the bible? I'm sure some of you are going "well yeah I have. Haven't you?" I thought I had. I sat down today and started reading the old testament.
I have heard the stories of the old testament but its different when you read them for yourself. You see what the children of God went through. They weren't perfect. I mean they were righteous and still made dumb mistakes.
It makes me feel like I'm not alone. Like the mistakes I've made won't keep me from being righteous. The bible talks about repenting and being made clean. I believe that, but Abraham was God's chosen.
How would I compare to the great men of the bible. Then I think about it. God loves me and chose me. If I.was the only person on the planet Jesus would have still died. God wants me to be the best me for Him.
Abraham may have made mistakes but he was faithful and followed God. He would repent when he made a mistake and that is what its about. I need to remember its a heart thing.
If my heart follows after God even if I mess up He is faithful to forgive me. He sets my path straight. That's my thought of the day.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment