Friday, January 21, 2011

the valley

Have you ever felt like you were in a valley? Like God seem far away? I've felt that before. I was reading today in Genesis about Joseph and his story.
Talk about being in a valley. Can you imagine being so hated by your siblings they try to kill you? If that was all Joseph went through I'd say that stinks but he didn't die so celebrate. Oh but that was far from his lowest point.
If you know the story you know that Joseph had many highs as well. He became the head servant to the Egyptian captain of the guard. That was an honor. Good things however came to an end. Joseph ended up in prison.
Wrongfully accused Joseph sat in prison and still did not lose hope. He prayed and God blessed him. As Joseph sat in prison I wonder what thoughts went through his head.
If it were me I don't think I could he that strong. The story however goes on and ends very well for Joseph. He is blessed with title, family and riches. What a turning point?
I just keeping thinking Joseph had amazing faith. I try to have that faith. I know when I have been in the valley and God seems like He can't hear me all I have to do is pray.
God hears our cries. He knows what we are crying for before we cry. He created the earth He can bring us out of a valley.
The valley is where we are close to God. There is no where to go in a valley (think about the width of a valley). We learn some life lessons there. I have been shaped to the person I am today because of the valleys.
I just figured I would be say that. No matter how low you get. No matter how far of a chasm is that separates you from God, the Cross is bigger. God knows no bounds. He will provide. The Lord is good.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

  1. One of my readings this morning was about Joseph :) I have so much respect for his patience and quiet strength. He knew God had big things for him in store. I wish we could have that kind of faith and know that big things are in store because they are!

    ReplyDelete