Tuesday, January 25, 2011

family

Yesterday I felt a longing for my family. Right now they are scattered all over the United States. That includes immediate and extended family.
I am one of those kids that were raised around family. I'm Italian its what they do. Our extended family has always been very close to me as well. Holidays are just not enough sometimes.
I just keep thinking of families in the bible. Families used to live together in the same house and city. Like full families made up a single city.
Could you imagine your cousins being your neighbors? I'm lucky to see my cousins once a year. I haven't spent time with my cousin since June of last year (2010). I think I've talked to him on Facebook though. Facebook...how could families keep in touch with out the social media networks?
My heart is heavy as I think about how much times have changed. More and more people run away from their families. They want to escape the life they came from.
I understand the need. I am very lucky to have the family I do. I have been very blessed. God has given me a family that is fun and loves to laugh.
"God sets the lonely in families" Dr Bob said that this weekend and its true. I just wish my family was closer. That it wasn't a phone call here and a text there. Never really being able to be a part of each others lives.
We have changed since the bible. Due to jobs and the change from being a money based society instead of a trade base has made families different. Now we go to the job where ever that may be.
I know this is a random post. I was just thinking about it. My sister is my best friend and she has a whole life I'm not a part of. My brother is off at school and I'm lucky to hear from him every couple weeks.
Jesus walked with his brothers. Joseph lived with his brothers and there families. My grandparents lived in the same house growing up. One family upstairs, one family on the main level. It's just different now.
So please forgive my rant and whining. I just needed to get that out. My heart was feeling it, I needed to confess it.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment